No7 Boots Event, new Blogger hits the town!


Middlesbrough Boots


On Friday the 13th of October I was kindly invited by friend and fellow blogger (http://www.edenmarkl.com/) to the Middlesbrough Boots No7 event, and what a great time it was! Plus, what an amazing event to write about for my first ever post?

On our rather nervous and excited arrival (we had spent some time beforehand pruning ourselves in a McDonald's restaurant mirror before heading to the shop) we were greeted by four lovely ladies, Angela, Gill, Janet and Claire. Immediately we were shown to a colorful table full of pretty vintage teacups, jugs of juice and a teapot full of freshly made tea and yummy cakes.





We spent a few minutes exploring the table, nabbing cake before anyone else could arrive and steal it all, then began to browse what was offered within the No7 brand. There was so much to choose from, and everything looked so, so, so pretty! It’s fair to say that No7 both achieve great products but also great packaging. Plus, affordable prices! No7 have won many awards for it’s Number 1 beauty calendar and it arrives in Store again this year with £148 worth of products available for £38! Who doesn’t like a bargain? I was also impressed to see that No7 have started a men's skincare range, something I like to hear! We all know how difficult boys can be to buy for sometimes.



Eventually other eager bloggers started to arrive. Tea got passed around and then the real fun began. Myself and Eden volunteered to have our colourmatch done first, then were treated to having our makeup done for us - thanks again Gill and Angela! I was unsurprisingly the palest color - Calico - and to begin the makeover a base of Early Defence Day Cream was applied which smelled amazing! I've never been one to apply loads of skin products to my face, relying on my youth to give me good skin, which we all know doesn't exactly work out and is a habit I'm hoping to break. Therefore my skin felt so soft after having moisturiser applied to it.

Afterwards, Airbrush Away Foundation in Calico was applied, which I was extremely impressed with as it provided great coverage. This was paired with Matchmade Peony Mist Blush and Matchmade Rosey Ribbon lipstick. The results were so good we couldn’t resist taking a selfie and perhaps getting the slightest big-headed!



The hardest part of the evening was selecting my free product, even after getting a rather generous goodie bag, and after much deliberation I decided on the Rosey Ribbon lipstick. I absolutely love it! It's a large contrast between the light brown lipstick I usually wear and I much prefer it.





Thanks again to the lovely ladies at Middlesbrough for making my first blog event so great and a big thanks to the other girls who attended for making me feel so welcome to the blogging world!


CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Welcome to blogging! Can't go wrong with tea, cakes and friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I think that it's the best combination! :) x x

      Delete

Back
to top